Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My daughter is starting horse back riding lessons and I was wondering what kind of boot she needs?

I was wondering would just any regular boot work?Or does it have to be a %26quot;riding%26quot; boot? Please help me out,I want to make sure she is safe,I found %26quot;riding%26quot; boots and they want like 200.00 for them,I would greatly appreciate anyone that can help me out! Thank you!!!

My daughter is starting horse back riding lessons and I was wondering what kind of boot she needs?
Normally, I wear plain ol%26#039; Justin Ropers which run $80-$90 a pair, depending on where you buy them, but if you go with the rubber sole vice the leather sole, they will cost even less.





The boot should give support yet be flexible enough to allow full movement. The real key is making sure the boot is not so rigid or bulky that it will cause her foot to hang up. I wear metatarsal boots with safety toes at work, but it would be almost impossible to dismount a horse without binding my foot in the stirrup.





Before you purchase the boots, be sure you discuss your choise with the instructor. Some schools and instructors are more strict than others and want both functionality and image. For example, a hunter-jumper school might not allow the western Justin Ropers that I wear while an English school that is focused more on pleasure than competition might have not problem with her wearing western boots.



visual arts uk

No comments:

Post a Comment