Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What kind of boots for horseback riding?

I%26#039;m going to horse camp this summer, and I need boots. However, I don%26#039;t want boots that I could only wear for riding as I%26#039;ve never horseback rided before and don%26#039;t know if I%26#039;ll ever use them again. Are there any alternates for the boots or will I have to buy them? How much should I expect to pay?

What kind of boots for horseback riding?
If you%26#039;re concerned about price, it%26#039;s possible to get knee-high riding boots for quite decent prices (something like thirty dollars) on ebay (searching for vintage shoes in one%26#039;s own size seems to do the trick).





You could also try paddock boots, which are only about ankle high. Lower end ones cost about thirty to forty dollars new. They don%26#039;t really look much street shoes sold today, but I love them dearly anyway. They look sort of cool and retro and eighties.
Reply:Get some boots that have heels. When I ride, I wear cowboy boots. The heel needs to be big enough so that your foot won%26#039;t slip through the stirrup. If you want a really good pair of cowboy boots, you can plan on spending quite a bit. I would check online, and see if you can find anything there. The Sportman%26#039;s Guide usually has boots for pretty cheap. However, you should try some one before you order them, because boots sizes and shoe sizes aren%26#039;t always the same.



car audio

No comments:

Post a Comment